Mages don’t directly use their weapons to attack enemies, as they’re not dependant on them for dealing damage. These weapons just act as a stat stick for them, so that they can alter the high amount of natural energy in them to cast spells. Their spells can vary depending on their offensive or defensive combat class.
There are quite a few notable wands you can find from vendors, outdoor quests, dungeon quests, and are listed as follows –
· Level 5: Lesser Magic Wand crafted by Enchanters
· Level 13: Greater Magic Wand crafted by Enchanters
· Level 15: Firebelcher from Deviate Faerie Dragon in the dungeon Wailing Caverns
· Level 18: Gravestone Scepter from Blackfathom Villainy / Blackfathom Villainy
· Level 26: Lesser Mystic Wand crafted by Enchanters
· Level 30: Nether Force Wand, Icefury Wand or Ragefire Wand from Mage’s Wand
· Level 46: Noxious Shooter from Noxxion in Maraudon
· Level 51: Rod of Corrosion from Shade of Eranikus in The Temple of Atal’Hakkar
· Level 58: Ritssyn’s Wand of Bad Mojo from Baron Rivendare in Undead Stratholme
We do know that weapons are not as important for Classic Mages during levelling, but there are still weapons that can help you in your journey. The rewards that I’ve listed below have one common link between them and that is ‘Spell Power’ – which is by far the best stat for levelling mages.
· Level 32: Orb of the Forgotten Seer, Off-Hand from Bloodmage Thalnos in Scarlet Monastery Graveyard
· Level 34: Hypnotic Blade, Dagger from Arcanist Doan in Scarlet Monastery Library
· Level 35: Celestial Stave, Staff from quest Celestial Power
· Level 35: Celestial Orb, Off-Hand from quest Celestial Power
· Level 42: Zum’rah’s Vexing Cane, Staff from the Witch Doctor Zum’rah in Zul’Farrak
· Level 47: Spirit of Aquementas, Off-Hand from It’s Dangerous to Go Alone
· Level 48: Spire of Hakkar, Staff from Shade of Hakkar in The Temple of Atal’Hakkar
· Level 49: Drakestone, Off-Hand from Several Bosses in The Temple of Atal’Hakkar
At level 60, you can purchase several powerful upgrades for your weapon.
After the release of a level 60 horde raid called ‘Ahn’Qiraj’. It is recommended that you switch to One-hand and Off-hand weapons, rather than staves. Now, before you ask why? The reason is because this zone depends heavily on what you have, so it’s better to use whatever give you more stats.
· Type and Level: Search for a certain type of item, like all Cloth Helms + Gloves or all rare staves. You can further narrow things by their required level if you’re interested in twinking or levelling upgrades.
· Phase Availability: There are six content phases in Classic WoW(here classic wow gold so cheap & fast), with many pieces of gear coming from PvP, dungeons, or raids in later phases, so we’ve organized all items by their phases.
· Stats: You can filter gear by every statistic in Classic WoW, ranging from Primary stats like Intellect to defensive ones like Fire Resistance.
· Source: There are filters for all types of sources, including drops, crafted items, and quests.