The Sony World Photography Awards celebrates its 11th anniversary this year. This is one of the most respected and influential photography competitions in the world. Every single year they are sent thousands of stunning photographs from amateur and professional photographers and this year has been no exception.
They received, in fact, a record total of 319,561 images this year. It hands out awards to 4 different categories; Professional (body of work), Open (single images), Youth (photographers aged 12-19), and Student Focus. One photo of each participating country is presented with a National Award.
All category winners will receive cutting-edge digital imaging equipment from Sony, while cash prizes of $25k will be presented to the Photographer of the Year and $5k to the Open Photographer of the Year.
Here are to name a few:
- The Grey Wolf Triumphantly Returns To Southern France - 29/11/2018
- View over Guanajuato, Mexico - 25/10/2018
- Crow Rides On The Back Of An Eagle In Once-In-A-Lifetime Photos - 30/08/2018
- Where on earth is the Rapa Valley? - 30/08/2018
- Artist Used LSD And Drew Herself For 9 Hours To Show How It Affects The Brain - 27/08/2018
- The Thames Barrier in London - 22/08/2018
- Guiding ships to safety - 18/08/2018
- Winter scenery near Kuhmo, Finland - 17/08/2018
- Civita di Bagnoregio, Italy - 28/07/2018
- Botticelli’s Masterpiece Of ‘The Birth of Venus’ - 24/05/2018
- Facts About Vincent Van Gogh That Is Fascinating - 21/05/2018
- Daughter Found Box With 30,000 Never-Before-Seen Negatives - 16/04/2018
- Winners Of The 2018 Sony World Photography Awards - 30/03/2018
- Fish Create Huge Underwater Spirals - 21/08/2017