Self love and relationships have changed greatly over time. It’s not that true love is impossible, but quick dates, late nights and a lack of boundaries makes it less likely that an individual will find the person they are right to be with.
The need for attention
Jumping from relationship to relationship is not the way to go, but we all crave attention and love. We are creatures of habit and we need attention and love from our earliest of years. As we grow older this habit changes, we no longer lean on our parents for love and attention. We start to look outward for attention and love. and this is a continuing challenge that every individual faces.
A sustainable and successful relationship comes from paying attention to personal attributes, personal needs and, most importantly, self love. Powerful individuals are strong in their roots and know themselves and what they want and need in their lives. Have you ever heard of the saying ‘If you can’t love yourself then you can’t love others’? Well, that is the reality.
What you don’t want in your life
If you don’t know what you need and you don’t love everything you are, then a relationship will be nothing more than an unhealthy satisfaction of receiving attention and love from another individual. There are generally a lack of boundaries, communication, a huge lack of values and lack of self-love and sacrifice in in these kind of relationships.
After getting out of such a relationship can make a person feel like they are completely off track and finding their path again seems incredibly difficult. Many times it feels like boundaries have been nonexistent and compromise has been turned into a ‘one way give’. It’s most likely when paying personal attention to oneself and practising self love rarely took place in that relationship or didn’t even exist.
All of this for attention and love from someone else? It’s not even worth it!
What is a healthy relationship?
When two powerful individuals come together and grow while applying healthy compromise, giving with love and creating more bliss to their lives. A healthy relationship is always a great addition to your life! You should feel that you can to accomplish anything with the right partner.
When you do not know yourself you rarely pay attention to yourself, and you are most likely unaware of your personal values and needs.
Well, here are some guiding questions to get you on the right track:
- Who is the person I want to be?
- Why do I love myself? (Write a list down everyday to remind you)
- What do I deserve from my partner or friends and family?
- What are my values?
- What are my dreams? (It’s hard to have a relationship with someone who wants to live all over the world and all you want is to permanently live in your little suburban home).
- Who do I want to be surrounded by? (It’s important to know the type of people you like to be surrounded by. Being in a relationship that brings the wrong type of people into your life is the last thing you need!)
- What is my faith? (A relationship is like a strong team and it’s hard to be on a team that has opposing beliefs.)
When will you be ready for the right relationship?
There are 3 things you need to have accomplished:
- You don’t blame your ex for your last bad relationship. You take full accountability for your past.
- You have forgiven your ex
- You enjoy being single.
You will meet the right person when you least expect it!
until then …
Single Life – The Best Thing That Ever Happened!