How about taking the air we breathe to the next level, leveraging it and turning it in our even greater favor? Well, hold on right there, because this type of technology actually exists and it’s planning on taking over. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is a medical treatment that wants to help your body absorb way more oxygen than it could ever absorb on its own, and there are great reasons why that could be very beneficial to your body. But first, let’s start from the basics.
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, or HBOT for short, is a medical treatment which involves breathing 100% oxygen in a pressurized chamber. In a hyperbaric chamber, the air pressure is increased to three times higher than in a normal environment. This type of procedure facilitates a much more effect oxygen gathering by the lungs compared to normal breathing.
Why Is More Oxygen Better?
All of our tissues need a constant supply of oxygen to perform constant physical maintenance – oxygen is a vital and uncompromised component of energy production, and our tissues cannot function without a suitable supply. As we age, however, our tissues’ ability to channel that oxygen and make the best out of it decreases, which is evident with lower tissue rejuvenation rates. Helping the body get that extra oxygen boost, can have a significant impact on tissue rejuvenation and result in an overall enhanced brain and physical performance.
What Are The Hyperbaric Chamber Benefits?
Here few of the most evident benefits HBOT sessions can hold for patients:
• HBOT can be very useful in many types of anemia. 10 HBOT sessions were shown to be extremely efficient at treating hemorrhage cases.
• HBOT is extremely helpful with cognitive enhancement, as the brain is one organ that has a constant demand of around 20% of the body’s oxygen. It helps slow down age-associated cognitive decline and keeps aging patients with an overall improved physical shape.
• HBOT has been found to be very useful at addressing acute traumatic ischemia. As acute traumatic ischemia is a broad term that refers to many type of cases in which a disease is caused by a lack of oxygen supply to the brain, it is only logical for HBOT to be able to help effectively and quite rapidly with the restoration of normal oxygen supply.
• HBOT seems to work exceptionally well for treating and healing burns and certain types of wounds. Patients treated with HBOT have been able to obtain longer lifespans compared to individuals in the control group.
• HBOT can be very helpful in cases of a radiation injury, has the increased oxygen intake facilitates more rapid tissue rejuvenation.
If you feel like more conservative treatments were of little to no help in you case, and you’re interested in seeing what HBOT sessions might hold for you, don’t hesitate to hit google and type hyperbaric chamber near me. Over time, the prevalence of HBOT centers just keeps on growing, and finding the right one for you is no longer an extensive effort.